Thursday, June 7, 2012

Change? Ya Got Change?

First off, let me know if you caught the movie reference with the title of this post.


It won't be easy, but it has to be done. Change. This is the last night we will ever sleep in our first house. This is really the only home Jeremy and Emma remember ever having. Neither remember the apartment we lived in when we first moved to Ohio, and neither remember living in the apartment in Logan, UT.

Lincoln, of course, will not remember this house in a matter of months. And the new baby won't know it at all.

Friday we head out and start our trek west to Oklahoma (and yes, every time I type it, I sing the letters). We will be moving to a small town with about 2,000 people, plenty of cows and horses, and more land than I'm willing to mow. At least with our push mower, anyway.
this is our new house. don't be deceived, it only looks spacious :) most of the "space" is the garage in the back. but isn't it gorgeous!

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. Very excited. But right now, on the edge of leaving friends, schools (with the world's best art teacher and super fabulous preschool teachers who actually understand Emma), trying to sell our house, and leaving a really awesome ward (church congregation), I will admit: I'm nervous.

I came to Cleveland kicking and crying and now I feel like doing the same thing with leaving. I know once I get to our new house, neighborhood, and ward I'll meet more people (I've already met so many wonderful people down there) and love it there. But still, the change gets to me.

However, with this change will come more blog posts :) I'll feel like I actually have stuff to write about and reasons to take pictures. So, hopefully we'll be able to get our internet set up quickly so I can post pictures and new adventures.

Hope to see you all soon :) And I mean that literally for those of you in Oklahoma (yes, I sang each letter) and those of you in Texas that I will be so much closer to now!!!!!!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Change is definitely so hard! The new house looks beautiful. I'm so excited for you! Good luck with all of it!

Leanne said...

good luck to you all in your new adventure! glad you'll be closer!