Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I am going to check the mail. I am going without any of my children. I will leave them in the apartment. Why? Because I am going INSANE right now. I need the minute and a half to myself. And I might just take another 30 seconds to read the mail before I come back in the apartment. Who knows. Maybe I'll pray that the elevator gets stuck.


.....................................................................

I'm back. I lingered outside the door for a minute or two. My neighbor came home while I was standing there. I think he thinks I'm strange for reading the junk mail outside my apartment door instead of going inside. I tried to be as enthralled in the pizza ad as I could, but I'm not sure if he bought it or not. I decided to finally come in because I knew Mr. Darcy was about to propose to Elizabeth Bennett and since it was his second proposal and I knew she'd accept, I had to come in to see the happy moment.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

are we living the same day! I did this exact same thing today! I stayed at the mailbox though and was tempted to sit on the curb to read my junk mail. the arby's coupons were such a good read :)

Jess said...

hahaha.. again, like i always say... can't wait.

trublubyu said...

i bet those were a lovely two minutes!! my wish for you is another two minutes whenever you need it.

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling..... really i do!

Janelle said...

I tagged you (and I'm working on your tag right now). Click here for details.

JerieH said...

Been there, done that. In fact I need to see Mr. Darcy right now.

Anonymous said...

I love it that you were watching P&P. I watch that seriously all the time!

Anonymous said...

By the way I am going to be a loner from Thurs-Mon so if you need a buffer from the children call me up!

Anonymous said...

Your kids drive you nuts? And to think I was the only one in the world who needed a break. :)

Leanne said...

Oh dear, I could use a nap...too bad my two are screaming at me! ha ha ha...good old mailbox walk!

Ry and Kris Jones said...

Ah, Mr. Darcy...Sigh. I'm glad you were able to take a few minutes for yourself, even if it was just to the mailbox. Yay, mailbox!!! I don't know how you feel, but I can imagine:). I would just like to say, I love reading your blogs. You are a good writer. I can't wait to read a book that you wrote.:)

Amber Omer said...

MR BENNETT! I can hear her voice in my head right now! Love it (the movie- not the mom's voice! lol)

I just bought the new version of Sense and Sensibility for $1 at a yard sell! I'm so excited! We don't own many movies. In fact besides the Princess Bride we didn't own any good chick flicks until now. I hope this one works ok (being from a yard sale, you never know)!

At least you guys get some decent junk mail...things with coupons and stuff! And thank heavens for recycling america! i would feel horrible for just throwing away all the junk that gets mailed to me!