Now I know why my blog isn't one of the popular ones. Have you read this article? It's written by a feminine atheist who loves reading Mormon Mommy Blogs. Here's what I've deduced from the article that explains why my blog isn't crawling with sponsors and comments.
1. Despite drinking 1-2 cups a day, I am not drinking enough hot chocolate.
2. Although I love me a cupcake, I don't make them enough.
3. My house doesn't look like an Anthropologie catalog.
4. My husband isn't a designer and he doesn't wear square or rectangle rimmed glasses and he doesn't do that spikey thing with his hair.
5. My kids have never looked like they are Baby Gap or Gap Kid models.
6. I don't bother trying to make life look happy all the time.
7. While I would love to have more vintage dresses, I don't. The one I own isn't really for every day wear, it's more of a Halloween thing.
8,. I don't have bangs, but I used to and have thought about getting them cut again.
9. I haven't reupholstered an ottoman (I guess my dining room chairs don't count).
and finally . . . .
10. Any dinner party I throw doesn't feel whimsical.
Well, now I know the areas I need to work on. Good to know it has nothing to do with my actual blog. I wonder if Nathan will mind changing his hair style and wearing glasses so my blog will be popular. I'll take one for the team and get my hair and nails done, then go shopping at Anthropologie. I better have 50 comments on my next blog post after I make all these changes.