Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baby Countdown Time!

I just can't seem to stop writing today! It's been so long that my fingers just want to glue themselves to the keyboard.

Anyway, I thought it might be fun to do a little baby countdown. I don't know how to make a cool one and put it on here, so I'm just going to tell you I have 35 days left as of today. Some time later I'll update that. I had a doctor appointment today and he said I was measuring a week early. I measured a week early with Jeremy and he was born a day late. I don't think that will be a problem this time since I've been contracting for over two weeks and they are pretty painful. Actually, right now, I've been contracting for a couple hours almost none stop. It hurts, but not bad enough to mean anything. Maybe I will go early, like in two weeks. Oh, that would be so nice.

8 comments:

Jess said...

my goodness! you really couldn't stop writing could you? it's all good though, i love reading your blog. i usually have nothing to write except "mark and i played games today after we went to work and then did homework"... someday though...

Kellie said...

Oh, Jess! I love reading your blog! I think your posts are fun :o)

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Don't get too excited about those contractions. I had a friend who contracted for a month with each of her babies before they were born - pretty close to their due dates.

Of course, then there's me. I hoped and prayed and even told my baby every night that it was okay to come out now. But no. I was always late. My latest was two weeks after my due date.

But hey, you should keep thinking positive thoughts. You just might have that little one pretty soon!

janeen said...

wow, time has flown by! Good luck during your last few weeks!

Kellie said...

Danyelle,

I'm just excited because I've never had false labor contractions before. they are supposed to get you ready to dilate, and since my body hasn't done that on it's own, I'm kind of excited to hope that maybe now it will and I won't have to be on pitocin as much. My first baby, the labor was 32 hours because I wasn't dilating. My second wasn't as bad, but it still took 10 hours to dilate after my water broke. So I'm just hoping that these contractions are doing their job and working my body to dilate on its own. I guess we'll find out at my next doctor appointment if it's working. . . .

Kellie said...

Janeen,

How do you do it with three? I kind of think of you as Superwoman.

Jess said...

geez.. all that baby stuff makes me wonder if i want to wait longer than 4 years before we start having our own...

Kristine said...

good luck with the rest of pregnancy and labor and delivery.

Both times I was prego my doctors thought I would go early because I was contracting and dilated a month in advance but no such luck. Of course when Alessia did decide to come she came a fairly good pace not like Curtis who had to be induced.

Good luck with all of it. It is happening so soon.