Then we had a fairytale scavenger hunt. I'd placed random fairytale items around the house like Snow White's apple, Cinderella's broom, Bubba's cowboy hat, three stuffed bears to be the Three Bears from Goldilocks and the Three Bears, a bean from Jack and the Beanstalk, etc. and had the girls look for them. Then we played a game called Kiss the Frog. The girls sit in a circle, one girl is the princess and is blindfolded in the middle. Each girl picks an animal to be and I pick one girl to be the frog. They make their animal noises and the princess has to listen well enough to find the frog while blindfolded. When she thinks she's found the frog, she gives the frog a Hershey's Kiss.
|Blowing out the Birthday candles. This cake was baking attempt #2. And yes, that is the dress I made Megan for her 3rd birthday. It apparently still fits.|
|This is Megan at three in the dress.|
It was a fun party and I was impressed at how well Megan's friends knew her. She received almost all arts and crafts stuff; one girl even got her a create your own storybook set, which is basically a scrapbook with tons of paper, stickers, die cuts, and stuff so she could write her own book.
|Those are ribbon wands in the vase on the table. They were our party favors along with some Pixie Sticks which we called Pixie Dust.|
|This is where the girls pretended to be captured by an evil witch.|
1. She always tries to do the right thing, even when it is hard.
2. She loves her siblings very much and always tries to include them in her playing.
3. She loves to help out around the house and with her siblings. She even read Jeremy and Emma their bedtime story for me the other night since I'd fallen asleep on the couch!
4. She is dang smart.
5. Megan has an interesting sense of humor. She likes to be silly and has fun coming up with silly sentences with Jeremy and Emma.
6. She loves her Heavenly Father and Savior. She shows amazing faith and is always willing to pray for others when she sees they are sad or in need. She is a wonderful example to me.
We love you, Megan and we are so grateful to have you in our family!!