Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day

 For Memorial Day we watched the parade (it's awesome because it's on the street right by us, so we don't have to travel far, just 50 feet or so) and then we met some friends from church at Sulfur Springs. Megan and I had found this place accidentally a few weeks ago and had hiked around, so it was really cool to come back with family and friends. Unfortunately, I slipped and fell early on in the day so I opted to stay out of the water and just visit with friends at the picnic tables.

Nathan took the pictures, so enjoy!












Then on Tuesday I babysat. I told Emma she had to have quiet time in her room while the other kids were taking their naps. She fought me on it, but I told her if she didn't go up there then I'd put her down for a nap, too. With that she went up to her room to play quietly.
So quietly in fact, that she fell asleep in her sleeping bag. It was pretty awesome.



That night I filled a bunch of water balloons for the kids. They've been begging to do water balloons since it was still 40 degrees outside. It got to 100 on Tuesday so I figured it was hot enough.

READY!

SET!

GO!

This is really the only good shot. They actually have pretty horrible aim because they are too worried about getting hit themselves.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I've decided that I need a second swimsuit for Julie, and I think I'm going to get the green one.

Oh, and Ben said that we have Megan to thank for actually getting Julie to play in the water on Monday. She was really nervous and skittish until she watched Megan for a bit and wanted to do it herself. I'm really glad, because then we went to the pool yesterday, and she had no hesitation.

Canda said...

Still too cold here for water fun--can hardly wait!