Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bound- Book Review!



Today I'm reviewing C.K. Bryant's debut novel, Bound, as part of the Dark C.A.R.M.A. Tour. I'm excited to share this book and fabulous author with you. I had the pleasure of reading and doing an edit on this book this past summer.

Bound is a fast-paced read. Here's the book blurb.

When a photo shoot ends in tragedy, Kira discovers her best friend, Lydia, has been keeping a secret. Knowing the truth, and accepting it, will change Kira’s life forever and thrust her into a world of ancient curses, magical objects, and savage enemies. What happens next will challenge everything Kira knows about her world, herself and the shape-shifting warrior she’s falling in love with. No longer the timid mouse her mother accused her of being, but a woman who finds the mental and physical strength to endure and survive.

BOUND is a heroic tale of true friendship, infinite sacrifice and untamed love.
 
 
Seriously, what more of a secret can you keep from your best friend than having two completely different souls inside of your body? C.K. Bryant has created a fun story here, with plenty more amazing secrets. I really liked Kira's best friend, Lydia, and her less of a best friend alter ego. Kira was a great heroine who I enjoyed rooting for. I loved her determination to help Lydia despite the dangers. And as with many great stories, the male love, Octavion, interest is interesting and complex and gives opportunities for swooning if you're the swooning type.
 
If you enjoy adventurous love stories with fantasy twists, you'll enjoy Bound

If you'd like to learn more about C.K. Bryant and her great book, you can visit her website.
You can go to Smashwords to download the book or Amazon to get it for your Kindle.

2 comments:

Christine said...

WOW! Thanks for the awesome review, Kellie. This was totally unexpected. Not that I'm surprised you like my book, but I expected it to be posted on the 12th of November. Absolutely NO WORRIES though. I so needed the pick me up today. It was FATE. I'll link this post to the November tour and *poof* we'll be good to go.

Thanks again for loving my book, the characters and the story.

HUGS

ali cross said...

I totally love BOUND! And I like how you called it an adventurous love story--not many can say that, but the adventure is what I loved most.

Thanks for this great review!