Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Poison

If I could add one more thing to my previous post on hopes it would be that one day my children will eat willingly. Apparently my kids think I'm poisoning them every time I feed them. If it isn't peanut butter and jelly or macaroni and cheese (and Jeremy is still suspicious of good ol' mac and cheese) then it must be deadly. Mom's poisoning the family again!! Besides, everyone knows poison is easier to hide in enchiladas than peanut butter.

We had Nathan's favorite meal last night, Chicken Enchiladas with green sauce. We used to have it a lot before Megan was born, but when I became pregnant with her I developed an aversion to chicken. I couldn't eat it or smell it and it was especially bad with chicken enchiladas. Afterwards it got a little better, but I still couldn't eat the enchiladas. When Jeremy was born it was the same thing; I couldn't eat chicken and the enchiladas were just impossible. This pregnancy with Emma I've been able to eat chicken, but was wary of the enchiladas. But yesterday at the store I decided Nathan has done without his favorite food for long enough and if I could suck it up and eat them, then the kids could, too. I did surprisingly well considering my past attempts during pregnancy to eat the enchiladas. They were quite yummy. The kids however, well . . . just look at the pictures, you'll understand. And by the way, the one of Jeremy-he's sniffing the food, not eating it.


4 comments:

Jess said...

haha.. that's so megan.. i'm sorry for you!

Kellie said...

Tonight wasn't much better. We went out to eat (sometimes you just get tired of having people make that face when you feed them food you've worked on for over an hour) and Megan still wouldn't eat. Of course she slipped on the ice as she was getting out of the car and slammed her face into the door frame, giving herself a nice bruise. So she wasn't really in an eating mood. We were able to get her to force down about five bites, though.

janeen said...

I couldn't eat hamburger with my first two. Keegan often thinks I am poisoining him too. Why do they always love candy?

Kellie said...

Jeremy's favorite word is candy. Sometimes we tell him that whatever we are having for dinner is candy. That way he eats more of it.