Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Adventures of Kellie in Cleveland Continue

So today, being April 1st, the library park finally opened. I've been waiting for this day for a couple weeks now. I took the kids and let them run wild for about half an hour or so until I smelled Emma.

It had been so nice. Megan and Jeremy were playing well together and with the other kids at the park. It was a beautiful day, blue sky, pretty light clouds, nice breeze.

And it all had to end because Emma stank pretty bad. We then took ourselves into the library to change her. Well, if there is a baby changing station in the bathroom, it must have been located in the handicapped stall, which was occupied. So I took the kids into the vestibule (is that the right word?) area and proceeded to change Emma on the floor.

The poop had gone all the way up her back and to her neck. Her clothes were disgusting (a white, really cute onesie was destroyed and accidentally forgotten on the library's bathroom sink, ew). I had to take all her clothes off and as soon as I did, she peed. All over her legs, feet, and the floor. I yelled for Megan and Jeremy to bring me paper towels. This library apparently doesn't use paper towels, only hand driers. So I asked them to bring me "lots of toilet paper." Want to know what they brought back to me?

It looked like this.

.

10 comments:

Rosemary said...

LOL!!!! That is hilarious! The one time you WANT your kids to have fun with the toilet paper roll and unravel as much as possible, they bring you a Barbie sized shred! How is that for irony?

Leanne said...

ah HAHAHAHAHHAH! that is so funny. and Not-so-funny at the same time...I hate blowouts!!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!! I think its time for a 101 on what a lot of toilet paper is!!

Keeping Life Creative said...

Oh, Kellie. That is too funny. I mean not really, but kind of. Now that it's over!

To get my blinkie, save it, and then upload it somewhere like Photobucket. Then load the link to your blog or wherever you want it and it should work :).

trublubyu said...

that is so funny! sorry about your misadventures in the library.

Ry and Kris Jones said...

hee hee, oh Jeremy and Megan, we love em. They're funny. Probably not so funny at the time.

rachel said...

I am so sorry! That is awful...but what a great blog story it made :) I hate how the library has those dryers too!! You've just proven they are ineffective for us mommies :)

Paul, Cammie Jo, and Raegan said...

This blog totally made me laugh!! Thanks for brightening my day! Life as a mommy right! I love it! Your kids are so grown up and stil as darling as ever!

Mary said...

In the old days, before they had baby changing things in the restrooms, we had to lay our babies across our knees as we sat on the toilet. At least the TP was close at hand! (although this wasn't a very good position for messy diapers.)

Amber Omer said...

I'm so glad to hear things like this happen to people besides myself! Yeah for Moms!