Saturday, October 9, 2010

Baby Personality Ponderings

This afternoon I was thinking about being in labor. For obvious reasons. However, it wasn't this baby's labor I was thinking about. I was comparing each of my kids' labors with their personalities (so far, because those will change a little as they mature).

Here's what I came up with. Enjoy!

Megan: My water broke on it's own. Apparently this is not actually a common thing. Talking to my ob/gyn most women have to have their water broken. Well, Megan is a drama queen and wanted a more spectacular entrance, so she pushed and broke that water. Then there was nothing for almost 32 hours. Megan is still a drama queen with very little to back up most of her "performances."






Jeremy: I remember sitting on our southwestern style couch and crying from the pain of the contractions. My mom looked at me and said, "I'm pretty sure that if they hurt this bad, you're supposed to go to the hospital." Jeremy wanted to come. He was ready, but at the same time, he wasn't. The contractions should have been doing more for the labor considering the pain factor, but Jeremy was also a little reluctant to come on out of the womb. Eventually he didn't have a choice anymore after hours and hours of pitocin, he was here. Jeremy is much the same today. He will get really excited about getting old enough to do something or will work really hard to get somewhere, and then decide he's not actually ready and wants to wait. Then we have to remind him how cool it is to be in primary, soccer, preschool, etc. and threaten him with taking his soccer ball away.


 


















Emma: She was content to stay there forever simply because I needed her to come out. Jeremy weighed almost 10 lbs. and I was terrified of having another baby weigh the same or more. She wouldn't listen to me no matter how much I pleaded with her to come out and she ended up being 5 days late (would have been later if we hadn't scheduled to be induced) and weighing almost as much as Jeremy. Still, Emma doesn't like to listen (well, can you blame her? she's two.) and does things in her own time. I frequently have to take her hand, place it on the toy I'm asking her to clean up, move her fingers to a grasping position, and help her put the toy away.













Interesting.

5 comments:

Bryan said...

Cute correlations! I'm dying to know if baby Lincoln came yesterday! Any news?

Summer said...

Whoops, that last comment was from me, not Bryan! :)

Raspberry said...

So? How'd it go?!

Leanne said...

huh, I may have to do some reflecting of my own. sounds fun.

Lisa said...

What a great post! I hope Lincoln is doing well, and that everyone's adjusting to having a new baby!