Thursday, October 21, 2010

Book Review-- The Blind Side

The Blind Side: Evolution of a GameThe Blind Side: Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


To be honest, I only enjoyed half of this book. Anytime he started talking about the history of football I got bored and eventually started skipping those sections. If he ties these tangents in somewhere, I missed it or didn't make it that far.

I enjoyed the heart of the story about Michael and the Tuohys, but returned the book to the library when it came due instead of renewing it, probably because I'd just gotten to another side story about an ex-football player and didn't feel like muddling my way through another boring part.

Also, there was more swearing than I expected in the book. Almost every one of the side football stories has quotes from coaches or players using vulgar language.

I'm skipping the rest of this book and watching the movie instead.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Carissa Poyfair said...

The movie is really good without all the swearing and boring history :) Lincoln is adorable! Congrats! I am definitely getting a few maps, I'll facebook you later and let you know what. Thanks!