Saturday, November 27, 2010

Book Review--Psion Beta by Jacob Gowans

Psion Beta - Excerpt from 2010 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award entryPsion Beta - Excerpt from 2010 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award entry by J.W. Gowans

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Jacob asked me to read and edit this book for him. He's been trying to publish it for three years and I think he'll do it. The book is excellent. It very much reminded me of The Maze Runner and Ender's Game, so boys who enjoy a good adventurous fantasy book will really like this one. I found it to be a little violent for me, but I guess that's what you get in a book that takes place during a war with people training for battle.

The characters were well developed minus one who ended up being very important at the end. He is writing a sequel book, so I'm hoping we learn more about this character in the next one. There is minimal language in the book, so be forewarned if you pick it up, but nothing horrible.

I really enjoyed reading it and stayed up pretty late to finish it (without realizing how late it was). I recommend it to anyone who likes The Maze Runner, Ender's Game, or any good fantasy adventure. I hope Jacob gets it published soon because I'd really like to see this book go far.



View all my reviews

No comments: