Sunday, June 14, 2009

T- Minus and Counting

I went to sleep at 2:30 AM. Got up at 3:15. Got the kids in the car at 3:45. Picked up one of Nathan's school friends at 4:00. Dropped Nathan and his friend off at the airport at 4:45. Drove home. Made a little breakfast. Made bread (thank you bread machine) to take to Church for Sacrament. Watched the kids drop off to sleep on the living room floor. Picked each one up and carried them to my bed. Got in the bed. Slept from 7:15 to 8:30 (I think). Got up and went to Church at 9.

I'm tired.

I'm exhausted.

And I miss Nathan already.


For those of you who don't know, Nathan is in Officer Training for the Army for the next 6 weeks. The first three of those weeks I will be home with three kids by myself, pregnant, and babysitting three kids one or two times a week from 9 AM to 3 PM. I've already cried and had a pity party. More pity parties are on the calender if you'd like to join.

Jerie, how in the world have you survived? Your husband has been in his Training for months now. I would have gone nuts if I were you. You are truely the world's Super Woman.

I love you, Nathan. Miss you.

9 comments:

Summer said...

Military wives are AMAZING!!! I don't know how you do it! Let me know if I can do anything to help.

P.S. The bread was really good today! ;)

Nathan said...

I love you too, Kellie -- very much. I'll be home as quick as I can.

I'm praying for you :c)

Janelle said...

I meant to tell you that the bread was really good,and as far as I could tell, I didn't have a collapsed piece. :)

Not that I need the pity (or need to self-pity), but call me for your next pity party, and I'll come hang out for it!

(I think it's sweet that Nathan commented on the blog to you.) :)

rachel said...

Oh Kellie! I wish you the very best and I think your hubby's message to you is so sweet :)

Colin & Lori said...

Mia or Jack noticed the bread and made a comment, I can't remember what it was but I had to tell him/her that it was homemade. How horrible is it that my child has no idea what homemade bread tastes or looks like? I need to get on the stick!! It was a nice "treat" if you will, to have it! I will be calling you to come and play! How's Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday afternoon? Let's go to the pool, I have some passes and the kids are free or come slip and slide!

Colin & Lori said...

Oh yeah, you are certainly a better church goer than me. I would stayed home.

Anonymous said...

I love pity parties. Good luck, Kellie. You are a brave woman.

Melanie said...

Oh Kellie, my heart goes out to you. I wish I lived close by. I'd take your kids for you.
I hope that time goes by fast. My sister in law has had to do the same thing (her husband is now a dentist for the military)so I have some idea of what it will be like. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenny said...

I'm so impressed. How do you do it all? Pity parties are more than allowed...you are human!

Hang in there!