Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Peru

Well, Nathan is back and has almost fully recovered from his bout with food poisoning (airline food, gotta love it). I don't know if he was planning on writing a post or not and since he's at school while I'm writing this, I can't ask him. But I thought I'd share a few of my favorite pictures from his trip, and then when he gets home, I'll tell him to post his adventures.

Peruvian woman in traditional dress.
He had to pay the woman to let him take the picture:)



He didn't have to pay this lady;), but he said he thought about buying me one of these blankets, but knew I wouldn't use it. He said all the women there carry their babies this way.


I can't remember what Nathan said this is a picture of, but I think it is gorgeous.


Nathan by the stone of 12 corners. He doesn't remember why the stone with its 12 corners is significant, but he remembers it was important for some reason. I think it's cool because each of these stones fit perfectly together. To make a stone with 12 corners fit and all the surrounding stones fit is just amazing to me.

You might have noticed that I haven't posted many pictures of Nathan. That's because he took a lot of pictures of the other student that went with him and the other student took pictures of him, but they both did this picture taking with their own cameras, so we have some exchanging to do before I have any pictures of Nathan.

Like I said, I'll try to get Nathan to write a post about his trip when he gets home from school.



3 comments:

Jess said...

I like the Utah shaped rock on the upper right of the stone with 12 corners.

ali cross said...

Those pics are gorgeous! Especially the one that you can't remember what it is, lol. Bet it's so good to have him home!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Looks like a great trip! How are you feeling, Mrs. Prego?