Monday, January 25, 2010

Musical Mayhem

This is what we did last Sunday. I meant to post it earlier, but forgot about it until I saw the pictures on the camera when I went to write a different post. So now you get this one and will have to wait for the other.


Last Sunday I was bored because we have the 12:30 time for Church which means a lot of wasted time in the morning, tired and hungry kids at Church, and futile attempts to keep Emma awake on the drive home. I went to the bedroom with the intent of grabbing a book and saw my guitar sitting in the corner. I haven't touched it in a very long time and decided I either needed to start playing it again or sell it.


Definitely not going to sell it.


Just before bedtime we let the kids jam out to songs like Yankee Doodle and Merrily We Roll Along. And Green Day. Because those are the only songs I know how to play. Sad, I know. I took lessons for three semesters and had a private teacher one of those semesters--that's how I learned the Green Day song. Nathan learned how to play a song in his mission, One Last Kiss, which I can't stand. So to be kind, he only played a little of that one.

The kids loved it though. Not the Green Day or One Last Kiss, they loved being able to play the guitar themselves.



Fun was had by all and I'm sure we'll do it again soon.

2 comments:

Raspberry said...

Cute! Emma? is that the one? in that one picture looks like your mom.

Screwed Up Texan said...

We got a violin for our middle child for Christmas. Hoping he'll learn.