Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Turning Six!


Before we left Ohio we had a birthday party for Jeremy.  His real birthday wasn't until after we got to Oklahoma, but we wanted him to be able to have a party with his friends and we weren't sure if our shy Jeremy would know many people in OK in time for a real birthday party. Here's Jeremy's birthday letter, followed by pictures.

Dear Jeremy,

What can I say, kid? I love you so much. You truly have an awesome sense of humor. You make all kinds of things funny that I never would have thought of. Recently dad and I discovered that you've been hiding your top notch reading skills from us. You are such a smart kid!

Here are some things about you that I want you to know:

You are a fabulous reader and your math skills are spectacular.
You love people. Sometimes you act like you're scared of people, more often kids than adults, and get incredibly shy, but I know that you really care about people a lot by the way you act when you see someone else who is sad.
You are dang funny.
You are a very loving child.
You are a great brother to your siblings. You play so well with Megan, Emma, and Lincoln. And you play differently with each one, which tells me that not only are there many sides to you and your own imagination, but you know how to play with others without getting bossy.
You have a definite style that is your own. You prefer long sleeves to short sleeves, you like button down shirts with collars, and when you have a favorite shirt, you want to wear it a lot :)
You still like to sleep listening to my Beatles CD.
You are interested in outer space and want to be an engineer when you grow up so you can invent things.
Dad and I wish you had more confidence and understood how awesome you really are. We are working hard and praying to know what to do to help you know yourself and your major awesomeness more because we LOVE you.
Creativeness courses through you. As I look at the drawings and paintings you make I see amazing creations that I've never thought about. The machines you draw and paint, the abstract art you make with the things you collect, I think it is all wonderful.
You want a dog and I want one for you. One day, kid.
You are a Wii and computer game master.


Jeremy, we love you and want you to have a great year of being 6. It should be fun :)

love you,

Mom


The theme was Legos because this kid loves Legos. He also requested a German Chocolate Cake.


 I was informed by a couple of the mothers that a few of the little girls that were invited blushed furiously when they got his invitation. Just be warned girls, Jeremy already has a list of potential girls to marry. His list, not mine. Not to say the list can't change, though.



When we got to Oklahoma we had a quiet family party for him.

Indiana Jones hat. I saw this at a party store months and months before his birthday. My sister in-law gave Jeremy an Indiana Jones whip and satchel for Christmas, so I knew he had to have the hat, too.

Lookin' sharp, kid.

Two little greenhouse kits from Grandma Buckner and Stuart Little.

Star Wars pillow case. No matter where or how I took the picture, half of it was dark. Not sure why.

Legos!!








Happy Birthday, Jeremy! We love you!!


No comments: