Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Writing Stuff and an Update

So you may or may not have noticed that I haven't done my daily word count check in. You may or may not care. I've been exhausted lately and have just wanted to go to bed once the kids are asleep. I started to write a couple days ago and after getting 9 (yes, nine) words, one of the kids woke up and crawled into bed with me. Then she complained that my computer light was too bright for her to sleep. What an articulate 21 month old I have. Both Emma and Megan have to sleep in complete darkness. They hate light to be in their rooms when they sleep. Weird. Then there's Jeremy who will wake up, cry, and come in my room if I turn his nightlight off.

Anyway, I am working on the story tonight. As for my last question about names, I decided to not only completely change the names of the crazy medium spiritualists, but I took one of them out, too. When I looked back at the history I realized it didn't fit as well as I thought when I first read it and to avoid having Swedish history buffs hate me and denounce my book, I figured I'd change it so it was obvious I was going the I'm-making-this-up-but-it's-still-based-on-some-truth route. After all, the story is fiction.



UPDATE:

Daily Word Count: 673
Sentence: "So there would be an hour or two before you go to jail. I still don’t see how this is helpful, Annalie,” Nee said, sitting down again on the bed.

2 comments:

Raspberry said...

ooo- jail is always good. :)
Amen on the exhaustion. Everything seems to be going well, and then -wham-. Last night was one of those. And I'm supposed to make homemade gourmet cupcakes today for a baby shower. hmm. When really, I could use someone making homemade gourmet cupcakes for me.... :)

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Keep going girl! You can do it!