Monday, May 5, 2008

New Quote Monday

Yes, it's Monday again. It always seems to creep up on me when I least expect it. Well, last week's quote was a fun one from Bill Cosby.

"Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry."

I had a hard time deciding this week's quote, but finally went with lyrics from a song. If any of you moms out there haven't heard of Sandra Boynton, then you've been living in a cave. She has dozens of children's board books that my kids (and me, too) devour. A few years ago she came out with a book/CD combination called Dog Train. I bought it at Kohls when it was their Kohls Cares for Kids item. We Love It! Boynton wrote not only the lyrics, but the music as well, and she has done a great job. Some of my favorite songs include Tantrum (sung by the Spin Doctors), Boring Song (it's dang hilarious), I Need a Nap (sung by Kate Winslet and Weird Al, two names I bet you never thought you'd see together), Dragon Fire (kind of a lullaby), and Wave Bye-Bye (oh my gosh, I love this one). The song I chose as today's quote is called Evermore and is simply beautiful. I hope you can check out this book and CD at your local library or even better, go out and buy it. Ok, I just found a website where you can listen to snippets of her songs from different book/CD combos she has done. Go to:

http://sandraboynton.com/sboynton/boyntonmusic.html

and you can hear bits of different songs and see who sings them.

In case you have a hard time finding the quote of the week (it's just below the picture of Nathan with the kids on the left side of the screen) I'm going to post the lyrics here.

Evermore

The forest of April awaken from sleep,
and flowers unfold through the snow,
and the wind rushes high,
and the river runs deep,
and it sings what you already know.
You already know-

Evermore I will love you,
evermore I will stay
ever right here to hold you.
Never so far away.
And though I know sometimes you go
to find your way alone,
evermore I will love you.
You're ever my own.

No comments: