Thursday, August 7, 2008

Here I Come to Save the Day!!

My mom used to impersonate Andy Kaufman's Mighty Mouse routine when I was a kid. I loved it and I've done it myself quite a bit. Not that my impersonation is good, it's just fun.

In 1999 the movie "Man on the Moon" with Jim Carrey playing Kaufman came out. I wanted to see it really bad, but it was rated "R". I did get the soundtrack since all the music on it was done by R.E.M., my favorite band. Actually, back in my single USU days I used to open our apartment door and play the soundtrack really loud because I knew the cute guy across the hall would come over to talk about the music, R.E.M., and Andy Kaufman if he could hear it. Sad commentary in my life, I know. But what can I say? He had the most amazing hair.

I was very excited to see the original act available on Youtube.com

So here it is for all to enjoy. If you want to learn more about Kaufman, go to wikipedia. Here's the address: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_kaufman

Read the Foreign Man, Milk and Cookies, and Professional Wrestling sections. Those are my favorite stories about him.

He wasn't a traditional comedian, in fact he never considered himself a comedian at all. This act cracks me up and you might think I'm really weird after you see it. That is if you didn't already think I was weird after reading what I did at USU with the soundtrack and the kid across the hall.

Enjoy!


Here's a Foreign Man video, it's hilarious!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

That's funny. And it reminds me of riding with you guys up to school in the winter and as I was fearing for my life with Kellie at the wheel in a snowstorm, that one song was always on; the Man in the Moon...forgive me, I don't know the name of it. I like it though. Miss you Kellie!