Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Question of Kids' Questions

Well, she actually asked it: "Mom, how do people get pregnant?" She didn't ask me something easy, like, "Where do babies come from?" or even, "Why was Emma in your belly?" No she had to come right out and ask, "Mom, how do people get pregnant?"

When she asked me I just looked heavenward and told her I didn't have time to explain right then, but to ask later. Now of course I was hoping she'd forget to ask again, but knowing Megan, she'll remember her question and ask me again next week. What do I say to her?

I think most kids her age would be asking where do babies come from, but she asked that when we were pregnant with Jeremy. I guess now that she knows babies come from heaven and go into mom's belly, she's wondering how the baby gets there for mom to get pregnant in the first place.


Any suggestions on what to tell her?

2 comments:

Jess said...

that is hilarious!! but i've got nothing for you.. i think it's a little early for the birds and the bees talk.. but hey, if she's ready.. yikes!!

Leanne said...

Ooh, good question. I think she's young enough that "when mommies and daddies love each other and decide that it's time to have a baby...or another baby..."

Hmmm that's as far as I can go...I hope Reuben doesn't ask me that!!!!! good luck.