Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nie Nie

If you haven't heard about Stephanie and Christian Nielson, I encourage you to click on the Nie Nie recovery icon to the right. If you have the means to help, please do so.

I'd been reading about Stephanie and Christian Nielson for a while on other people's blogs and felt really bad about their accident. If you still haven't checked the site out and you're out of the loop, they were in a private airplane accident and are in critical condition. Stephanie is one of the most well known Mormon Mother Bloggers and yesterday I finally had a chance to sit down and check out her blog. Within minutes I was transfixed. The woman has an amazing talent of bringing you into her life and you see just how much she loves her family, her life, and the Lord. I was hooked. Nathan came home from school and saw me reading Nei's blog and crying my eyes out. Being a guy, and therefore insusceptible to "womanly problems" was confused as to why I was crying over a complete stranger. But the thing was, I didn't feel like I was crying over a complete stranger. I felt like I was crying over a friend, one I didn't know well, but a friend none the less. Another mother, just trying to take one day at a time and see it for all the possibilities it holds.

No comments: