Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love List #10 Life in Ohio-Oh! Surprise! There's Something Positive About Life in Ohio!


I thought since I've been so down on Ohio lately, specifically Cleveland, that I ought to say some positives about life here that I do love.

1. People in our ward and at the dental school are so friendly. I feel like I've made friends more quickly here than I ever have anywhere else. I don't make friends quickly or easily, so I appreciate those here who have invited me to outings or our family over for dinner, games, etc.

This is me with a group of friends going to see Twilight. I'm in the back wearing the glasses. For some reason that was the week my contacts stopped working and I actually had to wear my glasses in public.


2. The big fancy houses here are so fun to look at. Lots of the houses here in the nice neighborhoods are tudor style and remind me of Jane Austin novels.


3. Ummmmmmmmmm. We're closer to New York? That's something I really like about Ohio. It's close to New York. Although I don't think I can say that's something I really love about Ohio because there are other places that are close to New York where I'd rather be. But I'd feel bad if I could only think of two things for this list. So sure. I'll keep it.

9 comments:

Christine said...

You're funny. I'm glad you found that third thing. I would love to go to New York. One of the things I want to do before I die is see a Broadway play. Maybe you can go see one for me.

Hugs

ali cross said...

LOL sure, I'll take #3. Gorgeous houses, wow.

And those friends? You can't get anything more awesome than that.

rachel said...

That looks like an awesome group of friends! And those houses are beautiful. I love the tudor style!

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

Wow! Those houses ARE just like Jane Austenland. :)

Leanne said...

I'm drooling over those houses....someday.....(sigh,) probably not.

Nichole Giles said...

Well, hey, those are gorgeous houses, New York is a geat thing to be near, and friends always make a place worth being.

Kellie said...

Leanne, I actually thought about you when I went looking at all these houses, trying to decide which ones to take pictures of. I have more if you want me to send them to you :)

JerieH said...

I could add some things to your list!
Let's see...
East Coast Custard (Mayfield and Brainard)

The Burton Apple Butter Festival

Driving through Amish Country

Living in the Kirtland Stake

Grumm's (Coventry and Mayfield) Turkey Ridge Sub

Fall Leaves

Bealies Bagles (Silsby and Warnsville Ct)

The Boat Park (Euclid Hts and Coventry)

St. Pauls park

The Church sites...

OK, I know. I am obsessed with Ohio, but hey, it's home!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I'm glad you're making good friends and enjoying life. You're awesome! Can't wait to see you at conference in April.