Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ohio

I have such a good excuse for why I haven't written in forever or even bothered to put in a new quote. We moved across the country.

I never thought I'd say it, but, I miss Utah. Of course I miss Texas more, but the fact that I can say, "I miss Utah," is just monumental. I miss all of our friends back in Logan and throughout the state, I miss being near a beautiful campus (yes the dental school is located in a nice part of the city, but we aren't close to it and there's lots of road construction around it), I miss having Church stuff nearby-the Temple, the Distribution Center, Deseret Book, etc., I miss having people who think like me and believe like me near.

So here we are in Ohio getting ready for dental school, trying to unpack all of our stuff, learning the insane road system (system, did I say system? There is no system, my mistake.) and getting used to the new ward. We have more than half our boxes unpacked-and a few stored in the half bath that we decided is more valuable as an extra closet-and of course quite a bit of stuff is just sitting around until I decide where to put it.

We discovered something quite amazing about our new apartment. Those of you who saw our previous apartment know just how tiny our kitchen was. I couldn't lay down in it, it was so small. Heck, Megan wouldn't have been able to lay down in the thing. The kitchen we have now is much bigger. Well, longer, anyway. Unfortunately, it has less storage space. How is that possible? I don't have a clue. There is a dishwasher, but that only takes up a small amount of space and I wouldn't give that up for more storage, no way! I love having a dishwasher!!

The kids' room has a fan which is terrific since it is blasting hot. Ok, maybe not blasting, but we're all pretty sweaty by mid-day. In fact, Megan was playing "camping" and fell asleep in the hallway where she set up her "sleeping bag" because it was so hot.


So this is why I haven't posted in a very long time. Please forgive me. We've just been really busy trying to unpack, get licenses, prepare for dental school, and indulge in our one guilty pleasure: watching at least two episodes of House each night. I'll try to be better about posting now that we are almost all unpacked.

I want to thank everyone that helped us move. I know it was a lot of hard work and we are very grateful to all of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

i can't believe you're already there and unpacked! it still seems unreal to me. it'll be better for us once we move out of the ward. then it won't seem like you're missing, ya know? anyway, i'm happy for you!

Kim said...

I understand what you mean about the road "system". When we moved to Seattle it took forever to learn how the roads (didn't) work. Whoever says that the "block" system isn't inspired, never lived somewhere else.

Leanne said...

Wow, new apt and everything. I like the star chart idea, we just threaten and yell and stuff like that to get our kids to eat. seems to work most days. :p

Kellie said...

I just opened the last box. We still have boxes everywhere that have random things in them that need to be put away, and we have boxes of stuff that we don't want to toss, but have no idea where to put them. Hopefully before Nathan starts school everything will have a place and we'll have a locker downstairs.