Saturday, July 12, 2008

TV Science

Well, my Mr. Wizard has done it again. Nathan is always amazing me with interesting tidbits of knowledge and strange feats of prowess. For example, while I was in labor with Megan we were all getting kind of bored, after all, a 32 hour labor does get boring and the nurses needed something to keep them entertained other than my blood pressure, and so Nathan decided to show them all how he is able to put his feet behind his head and walk around. Another example is simply Nathan's brain. It is able to recall so much information. Sometimes when I ask him how he knows some weird and obscure fact, he tells me that he read it in a book when he was six or something. When Nathan got home from his mission years ago he made his own pinhole camera and developed pictures from it. He has made slime with the kids, put computers together, and changed our brakes, and now he's done it again.

He got us TV for less than $9. Nathan went to Home Depot, bought wire, a board, some screws and washers, put them together, and voila! An antenna is born! An antenna that gets us the FOX channel, so now we can watch House on our TV instead of our computer, having to wait a week to watch the old episodes. We also get the other basic channels, so I'm excited to be able to watch the news every once in a while and see if there are any good kid shows for Megan and Jeremy. However, I have discovered my disdain for HD. I think it's incredibly ineffective. TV shouldn't depend on clear days and go out on rainy days. Anyway, I just had to share with everyone the genius of my wonderful husband!

No comments: